Background

Friday, July 19, 2019

World Changers

It's been almost a year now and I am still in love with the Craft with Heart subscription box. I love the simplicity of the layouts but also the ability to change them up super easily and make them mine. Also, at this time of my life sometimes it is hard to have much time to scrap so having a base to begin is SO helpful.

Today I was able to play with one of the Craft with Heart layouts from Into the Wild. Here is the layout as they created it to be made:


Here is my final layout:

As you can see, I stayed to the basic layout design but made it work for my pictures.  If you look closely to the top white area of the original layout there is a word pattern that fits well for a baby.  I don't have any little babies anymore and I know many of you don't either.  To change that, I simply added a white daisy cardstock, cut to still allow the Pewter photo mat to pop out. It took a little measuring and cutting but it honestly only took about 5 minutes.  A super quick fix to make the layout more versatile.   I changed the title by cutting out on my cricut the title "World Changer". The director at our homeschool tutorial constantly refers to students as world changers encouraging them to do just that - impact and change our world.

I wanted to incorporate the graduation invitation so I added a 5x7 flip-flap that will attach to the outside of the page protector. 


For embellishing the layout, I found the cute title "reach for the stars" on circut and cut it out on one of our tags from the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.   The journaling strips were left over from previous Craft with Heart layouts and then I added lots of little embellishments from several of my retired stamps. I love being able to use my stamps over and over - the beauty of stamps and not stickers.  The stamp sets I used are:

Smarty Pants C1649
Memories in the Making CC9182
Just a Little Something C1730
Graduation Tassel C1755


If you haven't tried the Craft with Heart subscription yet, give it a try!  It is such a great value with gorgeous layouts to keep you scrappin' faster simpler and easier!  Click here to get all the details!

Happy Scrappin'!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment and share your thoughts of my blog.