Background

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Hello from Boca Raton, FL!





My hubby has had to travel a lot this summer, something that we are not use to at all! After several trips away, we all realized this was not working for our family. We decided a couple weeks ago that we would tag along. Our first destination was OH. This was a very simple trip but the kids loved the indoor pool and the hotel was great on providing a full breakfast every morning and even a full dinner one night of our stay. That trip went so well, we decided to tag along on this next trip. Mike was going to be gone for 2 weeks - 2 weeks was way to long for us to be with out him! This trip was much further away but would definitely have more a vacation feel for me - Boca Raton, FL! Actually we are staying at the Delray Beach which is absolutely beautiful!!! Poor Mike has had to work long hours every night and all this weekend but we have been enjoying the beach and sunshine.

The hardest part about these trips is that I haven't been able to work on my scrapbook and card projects. We didn't have enough room in the car for me to bring my supplies so I had to say goodbye for a couple weeks. I got so sad today that as I was flipping through channels on the tv, I came to a Spanish channel that was scrapbooking. I sat and watched for a whole half hour just to feel like I too was scrapbooking!!! :) How sad, I know. That's o.k., now is the perfect time for me to use Studio J and have some fun. Once I complete my ten layouts that I get Free Shipping on, I will post the layouts for you to see.

Here is a small card I created when I was in OH. I had only minimal supplies and papers that were pre-cut and left over from a CK expo that I did several years back. Remember, my supplies were minimal but I thought that it came together pretty well. I used the July Stamp of the Month for the shooting stars at the bottom of the card. I will probably add a small star dimensional element when I get home but for now this is what I have. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment and share your thoughts of my blog.