Background

Friday, July 26, 2013

Thank you cards Plus a storage idea...

OK, so here are the last of the thank you cards that I made for my husband.


This one was made with our retired Aspen papers. Very simple. I just did a color block pattern using our Originals Card Idea Book (love that book).  Quick side note - the Originals Card Idea Book (#9030) and our other beautiful Idea Books have been retired but are being brought back beginning August 1st!!! WOOHOO!!  They will be a more affordable soft cover and spiral bound book.  These books are AWESOME!!!  Sketches of cards and layouts from the wonderful founder of Close to My Heart, Jeanette Lynton. These sketches are the foundation to the layouts and cards I make.   Ok back to the card :). I added a simple tag with the word Thanks stamped inside and "hung" a couple pieces of scrap ribbon from the tag. Buttons completed the card for a little more accent and pop.

 This second card was used with our Buzz and Bumble papers. I love these papers. I recently completed an entire heritage album with these papers!  The colors lend themselves for a heritage look but also with a pop of color from Sunset making it absolutely beautiful! Here on this card I just added two strips of B&T paper (patterned paper) going down the card with a zip strip between the papers. On top of the Zip strip I added a piece of colonial white zig-zag ribbon.  For a change, I took my square sentiment box and turned it at an angle and stamped my sentiment inside. The flower is a stamped image from the Buzz & Bumble Workshop on the Go stamp set, colored in with our Sunset Alcohol markers and a few Basic Opaque Pearl Gems inside.  To complete the card I added two cocoa ribbon pieces at the bottom of the card with Colonial White buttons and our Baker's Twine Harvest Assortment stitched in the buttons.

This card was made very simple as I knew there was one or two people in his office who don't like "all the extras". I used some of our older and retired papers and cut a the sentiment box from our Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.  Added a piece of Coca ribbon, a 3D Foam piece behind the sentiment box and walla - done!  Easy- Peasy!

This last card was created using one of our retired clear cards.  I love these cards but it is hard to show what I did through the picture.  I will do my best to explain. The card itself is completely clear so you have to build the card out knowing you are going to see all sides of the card.  I love our B&T papers for this because their is a pattern on both sides so their is never a boring side to see :).  On this card I used our For Always papers as the base. I used the paper on the inside base of the card with a zip-strip (the little strip at the top of our B&T papers that has a pattern to use for a border on one side and the other side has the name of the paper pack and colors in the pack used) at the bottom of the B&T paper. Then a piece of sky cardstock at the very bottom of the inside base. On the sky cardstock I stamped the thank-you sentiment.   This repeated thank you and the other thank you sentiments on the other cards were stamped using the Thank you stamped set.  On the top flap of the card I just cut out a 3x3 white daisy sentiment box and backed it with some sky cardstock.  I stamped out the world Thank with our alphabet stamps - I love that they are clear and I can see exactly where I stamp the letters for perfect alignment.   For the "u" I used one of our dimensional element u's and rubbed it in our sky inkpad and attached it with our liquid glass adhesive - love that stuff too!  Best adhesive ever!!!   Then I just added a little black ribbon and sparkle button for a final touch at the top of the sentiment box.  Directly under the sentiment box on the inside of the card, I added a white daisy journaling square to write a small note to the recipient.  Even though the card is clear,  because I put it directly under the sentiment box on the top of the card, you can't see the journaling box until you open the card.

Our clear cards came with clear acetate envelopes too so I just added another small piece of the zip strip to the envelope flap to tie it all together.

So, there are all the cards I made for my husbands Ukrainian trip. I hope you liked them!

Before I say goodbye though, I wanted to show you this wonderful idea that was share with me recently by another consultant - Tina Sutton.  I don't know about you but I attend a lot of crops and retreats and like to take with me as much as I can for my events so I never feel like I am needing something that I have at home but don't have it with me.  Close to My Heart carries these fabulous stackable plastic organizers to keep everything together and I love them!  

Here is a picture of our large organizer:
 You can fit up to 40 stamp set in it for quick pick up and go and great storage.  Here is the medium storage organizer:




This holds our ink pads, embellishments, and so much more.  The dividers are removable for larger openings inside for even great versatility.  OK, so I love these but what makes them even better is our Exclusive Inks Storage Case.

This case can actually hold one large organizer or our medium and our small organizer together for quick and easy carrying to crops and retreats.
 



Love this!!!  So quick and easy to go.  However, these cases are retired and will sell out quickly so if you like this idea for quick packing and easy carrying - get yours now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment and share your thoughts of my blog.