Background

Sunday, April 21, 2019

A Craft with Heart review

Craft with Heart, Close to My Hearts monthly scrapbook layout subscription program was released last August and though I have talked about it on my Facebook page I haven’t said much here on my blog.  

As a quick review, the subscription can be purchased monthly, quarterly or annually. With both the quarterly and annual subscription you receive 4 months of layouts at a time but with the annual subscription you receive free shipping and 30 free photo prints from Persnickety Prints with each shipment.  The base page of each layout is already designed and laid out but accent pieces are included for you to add dimension with 3D Foam tape   This gives you a beautiful design with minimal effort helping you scrapbook faster, simpler and easier. 

Here are the layouts that were sent and I created with the latest shipment.

Something Fierce:
I used the Brushed Alphabet (one of my favorite alphabet stamp sets) and a couple cricut cuts for my title but stayed pretty true to the layout as created and shown. 





I Heart Us:


For this layout I used the Paw Prints on my Heart stamp set to help embellish my layout and tell its story.  The horizontal picture on the bottom of the left page wasn’t originally shown in the sketch but I felt like it needed to be part of the layout so I added it in - making it mine.  


So Much Happy:




Feels like Home:

Here I changed the direction of the photos on the left page because it’s what I had to work with. :-)
The flowers in the Feels Like Home kit are black and white - the perfect canvas to make it your own.  However I added color to the flowers using the Sugarplum Shimmer Brush on the outside edges of the flowers and colored in the flowers with last years color of the year - Bashful. This added just a pop of color in the grey areas to really accentuate the pictures and draw them out. Finally I added some Silver Embellishing Thread behind the flowers and finished off the layouts with some Sugarplum glitter gems


So, after creating all of these layouts, what are my final thoughts?  I love that each of these layouts took me between 15-30 minutes to create, more when adding my own touch to it.  The layouts looked great on their own but I love that I can add a little something extra here and there to make it my own. I hope you like them as much as I do.  Click here to try out the Craft with Heart for yourself.  Also, when you sign-up for a subscription through my website you will be added to my special, exclusive Facebook group where I talk over each layout and also shows off other options that other professional bloggers and scrapbookers have created with their Craft with Heart layouts. 

Happy Scrappin’!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment and share your thoughts of my blog.