Background

Saturday, June 1, 2019

It's Your Day to Sparkle Blog Hop


Image may contain: text





Welcome to the June Stamp of the Month Blog hop!  If you came here from Kristine Pointe's blog you are in the right spot. The blog is a big circle so when you get back to me you know you have completed the whole hop.  You can find the next blog to hop to below. 


This month we have this beautiful, super versatile, celebration stamp set as our Stamp of the Month.  As my daughters get older and we celebrate the entry to teenage years for one (please pray for me!) or her sweet 16 for another (double the prayers please!) I can see so many uses for this stamp set. However, I know several people celebrating their anniversary and/or getting married this summer so I wanted to create a card for the occasions. 



In this card, I used the True Love papers as my base. I stamped the cake image on white daisy and cut it out.  I then stamped the cake plate on the blue patterned paper from the True Love paper packet, trimmed it out and paper pieced that on top of the white daisy cut out.  For the flowers, I simply colored in the flowers with the color of the year - Sugarplum Shimmer Brush and the leaves with the Sap Green ShinHan marker. As an added embellishment, I stamped on scrap paper 3 more of the small rosettes, colored them in and cut them out to decorate the rest of the cake and add to the bottom of the card. Making a small banner out of scraps I added the saying "always & forever" in New England Ivy.  I popped the title and the cake up with our Thin 3-D Foam Tape (the thin tape is perfect for cards and sending them in the mail) To give the look of the banner sticking out of the cake I glued down two small strands of the new Sapphire Crocket Thread to look like stakes holding up the banner. As always, I couldn't leave it my card along without a little extra sparkle.  I love the sparkle the Sugarplum shimmer Brush gives the flowers and decided to use the gold shimmer brush and trace the lines of the cake.  It's hard to show the shimmer in the picture but it gives it such a special feel. Perfect to celebrate the occasion.  I added a little silver embellishing thread between the background papers and three bitty clear sparkles around the bottom flower. With a stamp set titled It's Your Day to Sparkle, I couldn't not add lots of sparkle!

 Ta-da!  I hope you like!

Don't forget: The It's Your Day to Sparkle stamp set is only available during the month of June and is only $5 with any $50 purchase!  Make sure to get yours before it is gone!

Now to see what the fabulous Jen Rubio created select here!

Happy Scrappin’!


7 comments:

Hello! I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment and share your thoughts of my blog.