Background

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Scrapbooking the Weekend Away!



This last weekend I was asked by some sweet friends to join them for some scrapbook time at a local state park. My wonderful hubby was kind enough to let me take the weekend away and relax. The funny part of these weekends is that relaxation is not the point - the point: to scrapbook the entire weekend with as few breaks as possible and get as much accomplished as possible. Though this sounds crazy - it actually is relaxing for the true scrapbooker. Especially me - no kids coming in every 3 minutes, looking through my pictures I have just sorted through, stamping on my paper I was about to use for journaling or asking for the hundredth time if they can "help". I do love to scrapbook with the kids but sometimes it is just nice to scrapbook and enjoy some quiet time.
I thought I would share just a few of the layouts I worked on during my time away.




Do you see a pattern here? I love that my kids are in sports but I always seem to be behind on scrapbooking the seasons. I wont tell you how old the softball layout is. Let's just say the player is Whiz Kid. WOW!!! How time flies! I was able to make all the soccer layouts with one paper pack - Close to My Heart's "Game On" paper. This paper is very simplistic with only the colors of Black, Grey and Bamboo throughout the paper which makes it very versatile for all sports. All I did was add a coordinating color to the layouts to match the jersey's color and Viola! Hope you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment and share your thoughts of my blog.