Background

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Just Peachy Keen!

This past weekend was a crazy busy but oh so much fun!!! The weekend started with my Friday night workshop. We had fun creating with our new Splendor papers.

We continued the fun on Saturday with our all day crop. I love my all day crops because there is always lots of food, catching up with friends and seeing fun creations that everyone is making. Here is Ms. Zada getting a head start on her Christmas gifts creating recipe boxes with our new Cherry-O papers.
One of the yummy foods that we had was Frozen Fruit Salad. This recipe is SO easy and SO yummy especially during the hot summer. I promised I would post the recipe so here goes (by the way, this is a huge recipe but is great for freezing and eating all summer long):

Frozen Fruit Salad:

14 bananas sliced
3 pounds sliced red grapes
1 #10 can of diced peaches, drained and rinsed
1 #10 can of crushed pineapple - un-drained
1 regular sized can of lemonade concentrate
1 regular sized can of orange juice concentrate
9 cups of water
sugar to taste. The recipe calls for something like 9 cups of sugar but I only use about a cup and a half of fructose.

Slice bananas and mix in with lemonade concentrate. Mix in all other ingredients. The #10 cans are the large cans that you can get at Sam's, Costco, BJ's, etc. Like I said, this creates a huge amount! We have to mix it in a rubbermade tote! :) Pour mix into large zip lock bags and freeze. When you are ready to eat, just take out of the freezer about an hour before and let begin to thaw. Salad should be eaten like a slush. Enjoy!!!

To finish my week I did something I hope would make my grandmother proud - I canned peaches. This is a whole new experience for me. Last year it was Strawberry jam and now peaches! It only took me about 6 hours - ugh!!! But hopefully they will be worth the effort.



Well, I'm off to have me some more fruit salad - enjoy your 4th of July weekend and remember to say a special prayer for our service men and women who are fighting to keep us safe. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment and share your thoughts of my blog.