Background

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A "Grand" Weekend

This past weekend was our annual scrapbook weekend retreat.  This time we tried a new destination, Grand Oaks Retreat in Scottsboro, AL.  I have to say that this house is amazing!!!  There was plenty of room for us to spread out and scrapbook in comfort, the scenery was amazing, the food outstanding and even a movie room for some down time.  I have come to really enjoy these weekends.  It is one time I can get a way, relax and rest without having to "be in charge" the entire time.  This year was no exception.  This was definitely a weekend to remember.  I thought you might enjoy seeing some of the pictures that were taken from our weekend.  The layouts shown were the ones created from our annual paper swap workshop.  I love how this "workshop" required everyone to get out of their box a bit and create with some papers that they might not choose on a regular basis.  Everyone did an amazing job!


Plan on joining us next year. The dates have already been set - November 15th - 18th. If you can't come on Thursday, you can come down on Friday for a reduced rate. Believe me though, being there Thursday really helped us each relax and enjoy the weekend that much more. Do yourself a favor, plan on coming Thursday for the most relaxation possible. Contact me at HeatherHicksCTMH@gmail.com if you are interested and I will keep you in the loop through out the year for deposit, deadlines and all the retreat information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment and share your thoughts of my blog.