Background

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Love Blossoms Blog Hop



Welcome to our Love Blossoms Blog Hop. This hop features our continued special - Love Blossom and the beautiful double stamp set. If you came from Brenda Lapp's blog you are on the right track. If you are just starting the hop, it is a big circle so when you get back to me, you will know you finished the hop. You will find the next blog to hop to at the bottom of my post. 



On my card, I chose to highlight the Color of the Year - Sugar Plum and our new Watercolor Pencils. I stamped the sentiment and flower on our watercolor paper using Intense Black because it is permanent and will not run or smudge when painting over it.  The stamp set comes with an "inside" image for the flowers so I stamped them in Sugarplum and went over the outside edges with our Sugarplum Shimmer pen. For the leaves, I used our watercolor pencils and but not in the traditional way.  When using watercolor pencils on dry paper the pencil tends to be very muted but dampen the paper with a little water and the color takes on a much brighter tone. OR you can do like I did and used my watercolor pen and brushed it over the lead of the pencil and then brushed it on my leaves.  So easy!!!  I love all the uses and different variances we can get out of these simple but dynamic pencils.  I framed the stamped front in our silver foil paper and layered that on top of our Sugarplum cardstock.  I finished my card with a few little Sugarplum Glitter Gems. I hope you like it. 



Product Used:
White cards and Envelopes - X254
Love Blossoms stamp set - CC2199
Sugarplum Cardstock - X5989
Watercolor Paper Pad - Z4243
Sugarplum stamp pad - Z6500
Watercolor Pencils - Z4242
Silver Foil Paper - Z3366
Sugarplum Glitter Gems - Z4192
Intense Black Ink Pad - Z4189
                                                      Sugarplum Shimmer Brush - z4210

Now it's time to hop over to Krista Hershberger's blog to see what she has created with the Love Blossom stamp set. 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I love the layer of Silver Foil Paper and your coloring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty! Love the soft look about it with you adding the Silver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you enhanced the image with watercolors. Very nice. 💙☕Miss. Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. The soft colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting the details of your pretty pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful Heather! Your coloring is superb & thanks for explaining how you stamped the flower, but then highlighted the edges with shimmer brush...such a great idea!:)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment and share your thoughts of my blog.