Background

Thursday, July 1, 2021

Deep Roots Blog Hop


 

Welcome to this months Blog Hop featuring the Strong Roots Stamp set.  If you've been following the blog hop train, you are coming here from Krista's blog.  We are happy to have you join us on this journey to see some beautiful creations from several Close to My Heart Makers.

If you're not familiar with the Stamp of the Month, each month Close to My Heart releases a special stamp that when you spend $50 you can receive for ONLY $5!  BUT if you are a VIP customer, when you spend that $50 you receive 15% credit in your account for future purchases AND the stamp of the month for FREE. Our VIP's get the royal treatment at Close to My Heart. Click here to find out more about our VIP program. 

Now on to this months Stamp of the Month - Strong Roots. 

 

The watercolor bug has bitten and as soon as I saw this stamp set I knew I was going to get to play. I grabbed my basic supplies and then a few extras:

Of course: 

And then I saw some new items from our July-August Catalog that I knew would complement this stamp set so well:

Here is my creation:

I feel like this would be a great Grandparents Day card which is coming up September 12th, Father's Day or birthday card. I tried to keep it fairly simple with not much embellishment so it wouldn't overwhelm the men in my life - you know how they are with glitter; it's like cooties to them - haha!

The watercolor made this stamp set feel so tranquil and soft.  Have you played with our watercolors yet?  The Close to My Heart home office did a whole series on YouTube showing different watercoloring techniques.  You can check them out here.

Now hop on over to Lauren's CTMH Craftings for more artwork using this rustic and heritage inspired stamp set. 

 Happy Scrappin'!

    ~Heather

 
 

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, I love watercolors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love this, I love the lake added in, the leaf branches, the wood grain affect on the Toffee under the sentiment, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty!! I love how you placed your sentiment and added the greenery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the scene you created! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scene and the sentiment in the top right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the sentiment and your scene is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh...I love your scenery and the way you included the sentiment! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card for Grandparent's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely--the pond, the way you used part of the bracket for the sentiment..your coloring--so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card! I love the softness with the watercolors and your pond!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How very clever! I love the way you added the sentiment with the doubled panel then tucked the leaves in there!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment and share your thoughts of my blog.