Background

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cherry-O

Life is like a bowl of cherries - you never know what you are going to get. What a perfectly true statement. God is good and greatly to be praised and praise the Lord he plans what cherry we will get each day and helps us handle the bad ones and rejoices with us over the good ones. Here are some of the good cherries in my life.

Close to My Heart released their new Cherry-O paper at the beginning of the summer and I have had so much fun playing with it. The first layout here is showing my sweet nephews. I copied this layout from the winner of the Make it From Your Heart contest with Close to My Heart. She did such an amazing job that I fell in love with the layout and had to scraplift it. :) It is still missing the title but hopefully that will come soon.

This second layout I created was highlighting my own "cherries" as we made cupcakes together. The girls were so much fun as they made and decorated their cupcakes with a special cupcake icing toy that they received for Christmas. They love anything to do with cooking and this time they were able to do it all on their own. Don't they look like they are having fun?!
While playing with the Cherry-O papers I created this card to use in a make-n-take at a Crop for the Cure event this past weekend. I also taught this card at my hostess club this past weekend. I love these papers - aren't they beautiful!!!












Here are the other cards that we worked on during our hostess club. We used some of Close to My Heart's older papers but we were working on some simple, yet elegant interactive cards. What do you think?







2 comments:

  1. LOVE the layouts and cards! That last card has some of my all-time favorite paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that scrapbook layout!!! It is my 'go to' layout!!!! Anytime I have to do some quick thinking i have that one tops on my list- so easy- cute and you can display some gorgeous paper very easy!!! Thanks for sharing all your gorgeous cards with us!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment and share your thoughts of my blog.