Background

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I did it, I broke down and I did it

Sorry I have been MIA for so long but I did it, yep, I did it.

I bought the new Cricut Explore

I have been spending my free time (haha) playing with it and figuring out Design Space, it's online counterpart.  I have had several conversations with many of you in the past months on whether or not I thought the new Explore would be the right Cricut for me. I had two - the original and the Expressions. The original only cuts on 6x12 papers and mats so I don't use it a whole lot and my Expression's computer cable connector was not connecting. For my everyday scrapbooking and crops it's not a big deal but when I plan my workshops or retreats, I use Cricut Craft Room to set everything up. It helps me stream line the process for multiple cuts and saves me A LOT of paper - love that!  The Explore would help with that BUT it's biggest drawback - it only works when I have Internet access as everything is done online using their Design Space software.  This is a hindrance when I am at many of my crops and retreats because internet access can be sporadic or non existent. So, why did I get the Explore?  Great Question!  It was a good price?! I liked the color?! Yes and Yes but if I spent that much money on those two crazy reasons I would be very silly.  Really, I did it because I knew that was the direction that Cricut was going and that if I was going to spend the money, I wanted it to go the farthest it could. I will still be using my old Expressions on many occasions but the new Explore will give me many more options for Crafting and for my larger events.


What do I think? Well, it's quiet, it cuts very well and it looks like it can do ALOT!  The machine itself is very simple to use. Everything is pretty much pre-programmed and ready to go with a flip of the wrist. Design Space, takes a little getting use to but I really think it will be pretty simple when I figure it all out.  I'm excited about the possibilities and looking forward to many creations in the future - we will see. I'll keep you posted!

Until then, look at this crazy mess it has been busy cutting out for an upcoming event. :)

Happy Scrappin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment and share your thoughts of my blog.