Background

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Can you hear the cow bell ringing?


Well, Soccer season has started and the cow bells are a ringin'- can you hear them? The kids have started playing and our Saturday's are now fully devoted to the love of the game. We spent all day last Saturday at the fields and left with a little tan when it was all said and done. My sweet hubby's family tradition was always to ring a cow bell when ever he scored a touchdown in football, so.... we of course had to carry that tradition over to all our sports. My wonderful grandfather heard about this tradition and went out to the barn and got an old cow bell that he had used over 50 years ago on his farm. Theirs no better cow bell out there!!!

Princess and Bruiser are having so much fun in soccer. Bruiser is a natural player for sure. He has sooooo much energy and loves the game! He takes the ball and out runs all the other players. The picture above shows him about to score his 5th goal of the day. He was so excited and proud -can you tell?

Princess has been chosen to play goalie during almost every game. She is a little timid, as she doesn't like the possibility of getting her fingers stepped on, but she's doing great! Her team name is the Roosters so our bell is fitting right in!


Needless to say, both teams won their games and the cow bell hasn't stopped ringing. The funny part is when any of our old team mates from previous years are at the field, they hear the bell and know we are there. We have seen so many of our old friends - it's great! See, now don't you feel like you need a cow bell too!?!


Whiz kid had his first football game this Saturday too! Their team name is the NY Giants which is hilarious if you know anything about me! Got to love it! He's playing flag football this year because that is all that mommy could handle. Daddy is an assistant coach and re-living his younger days. It is so neat to watch "all 5" of my kids having so much fun. Actually, poor little Tinker Bell isn't having as much fun as the everyone else but she enjoys all the drinks Papa G brings :).
So, on Saturday, if you hear the cow bells a ringin' come on down and join the fun!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I hated it when my daughter played soccer. I'm surprised you're playing in the fall, when it's pleasant. What I remember is is wind, rain and cold! And don't get me going on football. Your uncle used to literally hold me in the stands whenever your cousin got hurt.

    Your kids do look like they're loving it. I'm glad that you're not me and can enjoy it with them!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment and share your thoughts of my blog.