Background

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

California or Florida?


Today is Leadership day for Close To My Heart's annual convention. The convention is being held at the beautiful Walt Disneyland in CA and this is the first year in 6 years that I have not been in attendance! With my husbands busy travel schedule this summer for work, there were no other options. So, I am waiting on pins and needles to hear all the details for the convention that is slated to be the biggest convention since the announcement of the My Acrylix Stamps! As soon as I hear the details I will post what I know. What I do know is that the brand new Autumn/Winter Idea book have left the corporate offices and are on there way to me. This idea book will be available to all customer August 1st and will hold all the secrets to the big reveal going on in CA right now. I am so excited I can barely stand it!!!



BUT, God is good, and if I couldn't go to CA, He brought me to the other side of the nation and planted my big tush at the beach! YEAH!!! The kids and I are having a blast. Mike has been working tons - late nights and over the weekend . We have barely been able to see him but thankfully he was able to get out at about 6pm last night and we all decided to go to the beach and do a little swimming together. Our big purchase for this trip was buying everyone goggles and snorkels so we could all search for fish together. It has been amazing watching all the fish swimming around our feet. We even got to see a Sting Ray!!! It was so cool!!! Without the goggles we wouldn't have been able to see him. God and his infinite wisdom created the big thing to match the bottom of the ocean perfectly! It took me a little while to see him after Mike did, but as he moved, he caught my attention. I followed him for a little while and was able to watch him and see how cool he really was. He was about 2 1/2 feet in length and absolutely beautiful!!! We stayed out for about another hour and then saw hundreds of fish all in one area. It was like being in the Finding Nemo movie. Everywhere we looked we saw hundreds of fish as far as the underwater eye could see. It was stunning! It was also a little terrifying as we realized it was probably close to feeding time which meant it was time for us to get out of the water! It was, however, absolutely beautiful! I wish I had an underwater camera so you could see just how beautiful a sight it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment and share your thoughts of my blog.