Background

Friday, May 23, 2014

A Baby Gift

This week has been a fun week as I've been enjoying catching up on many projects and working on a few gifts.  Tonight we have a "Meet the Newest Family Member" party for some friends of ours and can I tell you - I am excited!  Babies seem to be popping out all over the place and I am loving seeing all the sweet little ones.  This fabulous family already has several children so asked that we not bring toys or clothes because they had plenty with their already 4 small children!  Of course we were told not to bring anything, just come meet the baby but I have to bring something - right!?!  What does a mom with lots of kids need that doesn't fit the typical "we don't need anything for baby"?  After thinking about it, and remembering something that another consultant showed off at convention last year,  I think I came up with the perfect gift.  I know when I had 4 under 5 I was having a hard time keeping up when they each did the next "new" thing.  To help overcome that problem I made this cute Baby Event Calendar.  I even attached a pen so she doesn't have to find one with baby in arm, other small ones asking her questions and then trying to remember what she was doing, and then to remember what she was doing but only to forget what she wanted to write down (I know, I've been there). :-)
 
The white space at the top is for them to write in the baby's birth date.  I didn't know the actual date but wanted to leave a spot for it.   These event calendars have always been well loved by my friends as they make a great place to jot down those events that happen year after year (like birthday's and anniversary's) and give you a visual reminder to send a card or get a gift. I showed off several in the past that I have created for friends or taught in a workshop.  The calendar has a plain front cover and looks like this on the inside.
http://heatherhicks.ctmh.com/Retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=683
Of course the calendar starts with the first month of the year and not all babies are born in January (really :) ) so I just made a quick tag to change the months and put them in order starting when the baby was born.  Using the Babycakes Papers (X7173B) and Babycakes My Stickease (X7173C) and the Originials Card Book (9036) and Wishes Card Book (9041) and the 4x4 card templates in the books, I was able to create this cute page. 


Here are the "cards" I made for each page/month. The whole project took about 3 hours and allowed me to use what I already had - Love that!!!

If you like this idea and want to create  your own, I highly recommend you order your papers and calendar asap as the Babycakes papers and stickease will retire in June.   Happy Scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment and share your thoughts of my blog.