Background

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Chalk Adds a Little Pop to your House

I was so excited to get a little time today to straighten up the house.  Many people wouldn't believe this but I actually LOVE to organize.  It gives such a feeling of accomplishment and order when everything is in their place and there is a place for everything!

I didn't have a lot of time but I did have enough time to organize the pantry which I have been severely needing to do.  We buy a lot in bulk (with 4 kids and a husband who is 6'5" you would too!) so I definitely need a good way to organize it all. 

So, I ran to my neighborhood Ross, bought these great air tight jars and got to work.  As I was working, I grabbed my little label maker and started labeling the containers since a lot of the items look alike.  BUT, then I stopped and thought - I can do better!  I ran upstairs to my scrapbook room and grabbed a sheet of  Close to My Heart's Chalkboard paper.


I used the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge and our new Chalk marker and got to work. This is a small sampling of what I made - the lighting wasn't great to show you the whole pantry.


The best part of the full sheets is that you can cut them to any shape you want and with the cricut cartridge you can, of course, change the size of them.  For my cabinets I made some smaller ones for my little jars and some more of the size shown for my bigger items. When my husband walked in and saw what I did, he immediately commented on the stickers and how much he liked them. He even took me out tonight to find some more jars to label and organize with.  :)

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea!! I think it would work for anything you want to organize a bit better!
    TFS
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! I have become so addicted...

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment and share your thoughts of my blog.