Background

Monday, September 15, 2014

Mom, I Need a Gift Tomorrow!

How many times have you heard this, or  like I did, heard it 2 hours before going to bed?  How many times have you done that to yourself where you totally forgot about an event until the last minute?  I hate to admit it but it seems this regularly happens at my house.  I'm starting to think it is because they know I will help them out but what if I didn't?  Would they get better about remembering earlier?  Who knows but I hate to not have a gift when one is needed and/or deserved.

ANYWAY,  so this conversation happened just the other night, just 2 hours before bed and our event was first thing in the morning.  This is where I love having lots of supplies in my craft room.  :)  A few months ago I showed you the lipstick holder key chains that I made for my roommates at convention and how I added our Base and Bling to decorate them up. I had a few supplies left and was able to make this cute key chain in about 5 minutes - love that!

The recipient loves to take pictures so I thought the little camera charm would be a great addition.

Being last minute, I, of course, didn't have a small enough gift bag so grabbed my Artiste Cricut Cartridge and some extra Laughing Lola paper (love that paper) and made this gift box and card.  The box itself took longer to cut on the Cricut then it did to assemble!  My daughter was very amazed at how quickly it all came together.  Again, I'm not so sure that is a good thing :).
  
 Have you tried the Base & Bling collection yet?  It really is awesome and can be used for so much more then just jewelry and key chains.  Add it as an embellishment to your layout.  The sticker sheets come with several different stickers to choose from - add several to your layout.  Show off your Base & Bling art by posting it here and/or on our facebook page.  I would love to see it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment and share your thoughts of my blog.