Background

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

One of my favorite gifts

I thought I would show off one of my favorite gifts that I received at  convention  this year -this cute handmade wall hanging.  My roommate, Gina Brandstetter, made this for me.  I absolutely love it!

She used a spare  page from our retired mix-n-mingle kit, but you could easily create it from a page in the My Creations Bookmark Album (z1740).  She  covered the chipboard page with a sheet of b&t paper from the For Always paper pack and stamped random words on a piece of black cardstock with our White Daisy pigment ink, stamping twice a little off balance the second times to create a dimensional look.  For the bottom part, she used our For Always textiles (z1820) and did a simple hand stitch through the fabric so it would gather.  She adhered it to the chipboard with Liquid Glass (z679) - I love this stuff. At the top, she used some simple Black Tulle Ribbon (z1798) to created a hanger and added some Filigree Charms (z1269) as decoration.   It's absolutely beautiful and so simple to do.  In fact, using all the pages in a My Creations Bookmark Album would make several quick gifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment and share your thoughts of my blog.