Background

Friday, July 19, 2013

Close to My Heart Textiles in Ukraine?

Last month as I was preparing for convention in Disney, my daughter made some cute Mickey ears for me to wear for one of the events.  I showed the picture of the ears in a earlier post but the use of the Mickey ears did not end in FL. My husband recently went on a missions trip to the Ukraine with Mercy's Hope to do a summer camp with children from the local orphanages.  They were having a Disney themed night so we sent our Mickey ears with him to be used somehow. 

While he was there he totally connected with two sweet girls.  Here is Sonja with the Mickey ears. 

She reminded him of our youngest daughter  - smile, heart and fiestiness and all!   She was so excited to get and keep the mickey ears and he was so happy to be able to bless her with them!  It's nice to see how something so simple that we create with our scraps can come to bless others all over the world.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment and share your thoughts of my blog.