Background

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Thank You Cards

In my last post I told you that my husband traveled to the Ukraine for a missions trip.  We were asked and he left for Ukraine all in the time frame of only one month!  Because this wasn't something we had anticipated we had to raise support for his trip.   This trip meant so much to us and we really wanted to show everyone our appreciation. I didn't feel like a simple store bought card was enough so I went to work on some handmade cards.  I keep a box of left over scraps of papers from all my workshops to make cards from.  Needless to say, I don't get to make many cards due to time constraints so my box was overflowing and gave me plenty of options :).  Many of these papers are retired, some are not, but I think they all turned out well.  What do you think?



This first card, I made with just a simple white card base from our value pack and stamped the chevron pattern from the In the Background stamp set with Honey ink three times in the middle of the card. I then placed a simple lagoon strip of cardstock in the middle with a large White Daisy Paper Flower in the center. In the middle of the flower, I used one of our Irresistible flowers, colored with honey.  I love our Irresistibles because there is always a resist pattern on them that will not allow the color to be picked up giving you a dimensional look that was easy-peasy.   On top of that, I added a lagoon flower from the For Always Accents.  The sentiment "Sincere Thanks" was stamped using the Card Chatter - Sympathy stamp set.
I also wanted to dress up the envelope so I simply added another Chevron stamp, this time stamped in lagoon.  You can see the envelope peaking through behind the card.
 If you like the look of the Irresistibles, watch this video that Close to My Heart recently made, showing you some other wonderful things that can be done with them.



During the next couple days, I will give you a close up view of the other cards as well.  Keep checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment and share your thoughts of my blog.