Background

Monday, July 22, 2013

Thank you cards take 2

Here are a couple more cards that I created for the sponsor of my husband's mission trip to the Ukraine.

This first card, I have have shown before but I made a few changes to it.  If you remember this is our Avonlea papers that are currently available.  This card was made using one simple cut from the Artiste Cricut Cartridge.  It folds up in half allowing a note or gift card to be tucked inside.  To make this card a little different, instead of using silver shimmer trip, I used our soon to be released bronze shimmer trim and an Antique Copper Designer Brad in the center of the flower at the top where the card closes. To embellish the envelope, I simple added a strip of paper to the bottom of the closer and added an adhesive backed badge button from the Wrangler assortment.

This second card was used with our retired Cherry-O papers and embellishments.  I made the Chocolate and Ruby cardstock scalloped borders with our corner rounder by taking off the guide and putting the paper flat in the punch instead the corner. We have a new corner rounder punch and a new scalloped border punch coming out in our new Fall and Winter Catalog on August 1st so check back soon to see them.  The new corner rounder will make a more wavy look while the scallop punch will give you more of the look shown here.  If you already have a corner rounder, give this a technique a try in the mean time.  The Thanks a Bunch was stamped using our Thank You stamp set.

This final card I will show you today was made with our current Chantilly papers. I cut two small strips of paper and dove-tailed the ends to make them look like ribbon. I again stamped the sentiment using the Thank You stamp set.  For embellishments, I used a butterfly from our Just Bloom Flutter Paper Shapes.  I love these because you can sponge ink on them for a soft subtle look, rub them in ink for a much brighter look or leave them as they are and they are simple and beautiful too.   I rubbed a little cotton candy ink on the corners of my butterfly to help it stand out a little and put a 3D foam  under it too for added dimension..  Below the butterfly I cut off a small flourish to give a little sparkle and have it look like the trail of the flying butterfly. As a final touch, I added sparkles and Pink Glitter Gems to give the card a final pop.



I hope you liked the cards.  In the next couple days I will post the final cards I made so keep checking back.

2 comments:

Hello! I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment and share your thoughts of my blog.